Sunday, March 12, 2006

My Species Guide

I've been working on my own personal species guide for quite some time now. I took it to pet stores a few times and left it there because the employees were so fascinated. I'm constantly updating it and working in new characteristics that will make a species stand out and be easier to identify.

I gathered my information from the internet. I've visited more web sites, encyclopedia's, photo albums and forums then I can count. I used to bookmark them, but with my new setup I would simply copy and paste the information on a sheet, check for accuracy and detail, tweek for easier reading and add to my information. This has been an ongoing process over the time period of about 8 months now.

The information is by no means complete and I may just have some errors (especially typos), so please be understanding and I will try to get changes posted as soon as I can. I have a busy life though so that can be anywhere from 1min to days... weeks... months. Hehe...

I hope this helps you as much as the research has helped me.

Below are links to the separate posts of my guide.
(Some links will be slow to load due to the file size.)

Shell Guide

Coenobita Clypeatus-Purple Pincher
Coenobita Compressus-E
Coenobita Rugosus-Ruggie
Coenobita Cavipes-Cavipe
Coenobita Brevimanus-Indo
Coenobita Perlatus-Strawberry
Coenobita Variabilis-Crazy Crab


OUTSIDE LINKS:
Here are a FEW of the outside links I've visited and found very informative.
(Notice: The links below take you to websites I did NOT create.)

Hermit-Crabs.com-Species Identification
Crabby Talk-What kind of crab do you have?
HCA Forum-Species Discussion
Crab Street Journal-Species ID

No comments: