Monday, March 27, 2006

Happy Crabbie News!

I finally served eggs today. I cooked one up in a pan with extra virgin olive oil. I cleaned out part of the shell and dried it then put some half cooked yolk (oh yum) and the "scrambled" egg in it. I topped it all off with Epicurean Kibble and NarNar's Kibble. In the other dish I just put in some "scrambled" egg on top of sea salt spritzed green seaweed. I topped that all off with some mango, dehydrated apples and a dehdrated cranberry (I hydrated everything again though in some sea salt water).

Needless to say it was a HIT! So much so that crabbies came up out of their little holes to eat!

Was totally funny to see Squeax popping up out of his hole (see pic above) and grabbing at the food. I accidently interrupted his feeding frenzy though so he ducked back in his hole. That bit of apple there is what he'd been munching on. I've never seen him eat before! Was so fun!!

Then a bit later I go back to see what damage has occurred but am surprised by Diego... who is not going FOR the food but climbing... the side of the tank!!! I have found this little guy hanging from the GLASS lid on the top of the tank, but was confused as to how he got there. Well... there you have it! He's climbing the aquarium sealant all the way to the top. Crazy, crazy little hermie.

I also took a little census and looked around to locate all my crabbies (Hubbie picked the tank up off the table for a peek underneath) because if one is climbing the walls, who knows if anyone else has tried it. I was concerned of an escapee. I found that I've had 2 new molts and one of them produced a NEW LEG with his molt! WOW!! I didn't even know they WERE molting! I just thought they were destressing. Peppercorn just recently molted, lots of exo around. Jo grew a new leg back. I've never had a regeneration in the tank. They are both E's and they came were a crab-in-cup purchase so I'm thrilled to see them thriving!

All in all everything is looking good in the 'tat. :) So proud of my little buggers! Glad to have them all accounted for and happy too.

No comments: