Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Wanted: Bulldozer

Oh wait! I already have one. Susi has proceeded to dig up Buster and everything else in the tank. I tell ya, this crabbie is determined. Hehe... I am happy to have had Buster moving about again. She is not molting and I think she's just skitterish of Susi and Igal. I hope it won't stress her too much.

Crumb is still down but I'm worried because when I looked under the tank earlier this week his "cave" was not as big or maybe it had collapsed. I've been spraying the area he's down because the sand has lost it's texture and I think it's slid down on him. I hope that he's not too weak to extend his tunnel again or maybe he's done with his molt and will be up soon. Not sure what else to do.

I've had to turn the Under Tank Heater (UTH) on too because our temp just keeps dropping so much at night. Then my humidity gets all out of wack. Not looking forward to winter and trying to keep things regulated. I did notice that all the surfaced crabs (Susi, Igal and Orion) were all huddled on the side with the UTH and not hiding in different areas. Orion and Susi were even sitting next to each other doing a little antennae battling but nothing more then that. Checked on 'em later and they were still sitting there. Guess they were getting cold last night! Maybe that will convince Buster to at least move to the other side of the tank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like the new layout. Very nice!

-Ray