Buster is a female Purple Pincher and was our first hermit crab! She was a sad little "crab in a cup". I picked her because she was very active in her little cup and well she was just cute! Don't you think she's adorable? She's great with the kids, very friendly but does not like to take a bath. Hehe... I've never caught this little lady in the food dish yet either so I dunno her favorite snack.Buster's picture was taken after her molt (7/05). She was my first ever molt and I was so happy she made it! The first tank I had put her in was less then perfect being a plastic Kritter Kage and having gravel. As soon as she set claw in the crabitat you see in the August 11 Blog "My Crabitat!" below she went down for her molt.
Sadly not all of my new little friends made it. After Buster I purchased two more "crab in a cup" friends. The first was named Buddy and he was never really active anyway. I think he'd had a hard time in shipping. Amigo was great though! He was not shy at all and would have been so fun to have still... but I did not know how to care for hermit crabs properly at that time so he did not make it. I think Buster survived because she'd buried down deep.
Salacious Crumb was our next inhabitant. He was originally named Buddy 2 and then Sebastian the Busy Body... because he is busy! He's my Purple Pincher who is always into something. I can always catch him in the food fish stuffing his face or climbing high in the tank in a precarious spot. He's always ready to come out and greet me too. Currently he's dug down really deep for the first time every so I think he's going to molt! He will be my third molt. He was my first to change shells so this picture is still his original shell. I bought him from a pet store that did not know how to care for hermit crabs properly. He was running around the tank waving at everything trying to find food, water and a way out.Well, that's all I have time for sharing right now. Hopefully I'll have more time to post then other 2 inhabitants of the tank later this afternoon. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment