JeffCrab also gave me a 20L! I don't think he knew I'd use it sooo quickly. :) After a few good scrubs with vinegar water and a nice drying off it's as good as new!! Hubbie made some dividers for it... All the way on the left: Ruggies, middle:micro E's and far right: Bulldog (my bully pre-molt E) and my new HUGE E.
-----------------
Now I did go to the zoo AFTER picking up my cute new tank mates... soooo here's how my little buddies traveled with me to the zoo and home. Hehe... Was quite an interesting trip. They did love their moss and ate all the scraps of food I put in the cups with them. The moss was well sprayed... sea salt water on the bottom and dechlor fresh water on the top. OH and each plastic cup has a foam cup inside it for insulation. This also kept them from escaping or being squished.
-----------------
Now for the NEW friends!!!!
This is a BIG Ruggie. All black mostly... very friendly too. Hehe... Already tearing up the tank and checking out new shells.
(I made a typo... unnamed? unamed? ERGH)
(I had to kinda pull him off that cup. He was REALLY hanging on. He scared me when I opened the cup actually. Did not expect him to be RIGHT there... hehehe... )
-----------------
Another BIG Ruggie... This one is a bit bossy, but it's really been stressed. Missing some limb tips as well as antennae tips. sigh... hope this one makes it.
-----------------
This is the last of the big guys. This one is very friendly. Has been introducing everyone to each other in the tank and will pop out whenever I pick it up. LOVES to knock over the humidity/thermometer in the tank. grrrr :D
-----------------
A Micro... VERY shy... very FAST! Hehe... Kinda hard to get a pix of this one. This one is in a nerite shell too. I thought that was interesting. I don't have any that big either...
-----------------
The other micro ruggie... This one chirps at it's tank mates quite a bit. Likes to push around the other micro too. Is currently the first of them all to dig down and hide. :) This one REALLY looks similiar to an E.... but I can finally see that difference in the back leg that I've never seen before. YAY! Maybe I'll be able to ID my own the next shopping trip... hmmm... :)
-----------------
Here's a tank pile up at the back. I added some cocohuts for hiding... there's actually 4 of them in this pix. The little shy ruggie is hiding/squished up against the cocohut. Hehe...
3 comments:
Rugs have the wide back leg on their left side, right? I've been comparing pictures trying to figure it out!
The littlest one dug down before the first hour was up! The bigger one checked out the back of the tank all evening, but is dug in somewhere now! I just got them on Wed, so their species ID will have to wait. I don't remember seeing any stripes or stitches on their legs...
Hey There!
Just Popped by to see how the Ruggies we're doing! The E's are great. They are always out and about, eating checking shells. Whoever said they we're picky at shells.... WRONGO! lol.
Jeff
Post a Comment