Sunday, February 26, 2006

Crabbie Chef-ing

I was working in the kitchen and made a bunch hermie "balls" or "cookies". It was interesting work and I feel like I really accomplished something for my creepy crawlers. They've been neglected while I was sick. sigh

Step by Step:
I have 4 varities of easy food to give them. I ran all of the goodies through a coffee grinder (specifically for the crabbies now... no coffee used in it.) Then I rolled them into little balls and rolled them in a powder mix.

I placed them on wax paper and did a flash freezing before placing them in labeled ziploc baggies. I have about 15-20 balls of each variety.



Fruit and Honey
Apricot Baby Food
Healthy Toppings: Coconut & Raspberry
Healthy Toppings: Mixed fruit (apple, blueberry, etc)
Healthy Toppings: Rose Hips
Healthy Toppings: Bannana
Dry Kibble
Local Honey
Rolled in: Muesli and Wheat Germ
Veggies and Oil
(Had issues with this one sticking.
Need a better idea then MORE honey.)
Healthy Toppings: Carrot and Sweet Potato
Leafy Greens by Garden Goodies
Rice (non-instant)
Seaweed (brown, green and red)
Dry Kibble
Julia's Food
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Organic Peanut Butter OIL
Local Honey
Rolled in: Matzo Cracker and Wheat Germ
Popcorn and Peanut Butter
(The FUN one... hehe!)
Popcorn, unseasoned and popped in paper bag
Gardner's Commercial Food Mix
Seaweed (brown, green and red)
Organic Peanut Butter
Rolled in: Matzo Cracker and Wheat Germ
Fish and Shrimp
(The smelly one... ugh!)
Silversides
Sun-Dried Shrimp
Dry Kibble
Rolled in: Matzo Cracker and Wheat Germ
Now I need to hunt down some more variety for these little balls. This was WAY easy to do and I intend to make more for them. I think this feeding idea will be the key to variety for my creeps! :)

Great Tip: Organic Baby foods make a great goo to help keep it all sticking together in a ball! I need to get some more varieties of it to mix with these so I'm not using honey all the time.

No comments: