It was a nice day for a tank cleaning!
I believe that Susi is down for her second molt ever... she never digs and buries. All other six hermies are up and busy bodies. I do not know how many molts have been completed in my tank anymore as it's impossible to keep count. Once Susi is done and back up I'm sure there will be another molting spree from five of the others. OH I do know that Crumb has completed either his second or third molting with no problems. I try to track my larger molters because they are the ones I worry the most about. The little ones... well... they are pros now. I believe Buster will be molting for like the tenth time when she goes down again. She's the molting queen! Hehe...
After a nice tank cleaning and some different shells (which are already being explored) I have served up a nice little snack to enjoy. With Susi being down the first ones at the dish were Orion and Seattle. They RARELY get to enjoy a treat before Susi so this was nice to see.
I'm happy to see that my once shy little hermies are becoming social too. Diego is out and about more and does not duck away from me so quickly. Igal does not seem to act shy at all anymore! Buster is still soooo friendly and Crumb just wants to be everywhere all at once. Orion never was shy and has always been the social butterfly of the tank following around any of the other hermies.
I have noticed that Igal and Seattle do not get along well. Igal is constantly pushing Seattle around. Susi does not seem to like Crumb or Buster very well either. I've never seen more then pushing and rolling around but I try to watch for things that trigger them (peanut butter and popcorn being the biggest triggers). This is why I now use about THREE food dishes in the tank though. It helps prevent territorialism (is that a word? HAHA) over one of the dishes. I did not do that today though because all the other dishes are dirty. So those are all being boiled and I'm not seeing any fights break out and there are several hermies enjoying the snack right now.
It's nice to see peace in the tank. Susi must be the Alpha and when she's down everyone forgets how to act! Hehehe
No comments:
Post a Comment